The IMPACT™ (Intein Mediated Purification with an Affinity Chitin-binding Tag) system is a novel protein purification system which utilizes the inducible self-cleavage activity of protein splicing elements, termed inteins, to separate the target protein from the affinity tag.
- Distinguishes itself from all other purification systems by its ability to purify, in a single chromatographic step, a native recombinant protein without the use of a protease
- Able to produce a target protein without vector–derived amino acids
- Fusion to either C-terminus or N-terminus of target protein
- Isolation of proteins with or without an N-terminal methionine residue
- Ligation and labeling of recombinant proteins
- T7 promoter-driven system to achieve high levels of expression and tight transcriptional control in E. coli
Over 40 years in protein expression and purification – a historical perspective
This article provides an overview of the advances in protein expression and purification methodology over the past 40 years.
- Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
- Purification Beads, Columns and Resins Brochure
- IMPACT™ Vectors and Applications
- Protein Expression and Purification Selection Chart
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This webinar shares solutions developed by NEB scientists for producing various classes of protein, including: genetically-tailored E.coli host strains, expression vectors and valuable guidelines for generating properly-folded recombinant protein.