Taq DNA Polymerase is the industry standard for routine PCR. Taq with Standard Taq Buffer (NEB #M0273) is available in economical extra-large pack sizes. NEB provides high quality recombinant Taq at an exceptional value. Taq is available with different formats to accommodate a variety of PCR applications. For example, Taq with standard Taq Buffer is designed to support existing PCR platforms, while Hot Start Taq formulations (NEB #M0495) are also available for flexibility during reaction setup and increased specificity.
Taq DNA Polymerase is available in several convenient formats. The Taq PCR kit (NEB #E5000) includes all the reagents for 200 reactions. Taq 2X (NEB #M0270) or 5X (NEB #M0285) Master Mixes are ideal for high-throughput applications. Quick-Load® Taq 2X Master Mix (NEB #M0271) includes dye for direct gel loading.For exceptional performance across a wide range of templates, try OneTaq or OneTaq Hot Start.
ThermoPol™ is a trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
Quick-Load® is a register trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
FAQs for Taq DNA Polymerases
Protocols for Taq DNA Polymerases
- PCR Using Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase (M0495)
- Protocol for a Routine Taq PCR
- Taq DNA Polymerase Guidelines for PCR Optimization
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with ThermoPol® Buffer (M0267)
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with Standard Taq (Mg-free) Buffer (M0320)
- Protocol for Taq 2X Master Mix (M0270)
- Quick Protocol for Multiplex PCR 5X Master Mix
- Protocol for Quick-Load® Taq 2X Master Mix
- Multiplex PCR Guidelines for Multiplex PCR 5X Master Mix
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with ThermoPol® II (Mg-free) Buffer (M0321)
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with Standard Taq Buffer (M0273)
- PCR Protocol for Crimson Taq DNA Polymerase (M0324)
- PCR Protocol for Crimson Taq DNA Polymerase with (Mg-free) Buffer (M0325)
- PCR Protocol for OneTaq® DNA Polymerase (M0480)
- Protocol for a PCR reaction using Hot Start Taq 2X Master Mix (M0496)
- EpiMark® Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase Guidelines for PCR (M0490)
- A-Tailing with Taq Polymerase
- Protocol for a Routine PCR with Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Kit
- Protocol for Taq 5X Master Mix (M0285)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start DNA Polymerase (M0481)
- Protocol for OneTaq® 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0482)
- Protocol for OneTaq® Hot Start Quick-Load® 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer
- Protocol for OneTaq® Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0486)
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with OneTaq® and OneTaq® Hot Start DNA Polymerases
- Protocol for OneTaq® Hot Start 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0484)
- Protocol for OneTaq® Hot Start 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0485)
- OneTaq® Quick-Load® 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0487)
- Protocol for OneTaq® Hot Start Quick-Load® 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0488)
- Protocol for OneTaq® 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0483)
The PCR brochure provides product information on the wide range of DNA polymerases available from NEB, including tools for selection and troubleshooting tips.
Anatomy of a Polymerase - How Structure Effects Function
Understanding Variability in DNA Amplification Reactions
- DNA Polymerase Selection Chart
- PCR Troubleshooting Guide
- Taq PCR Kit Troubleshooting Guide
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with Taq DNA Polymerase
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with Thermophilic DNA Polymerases
Other Tools & Resources
DNA Polymerase Selection Chart
Template/product specificity: Is RNA or DNA involved? Is the 3´ terminus at a gap, nick or at the end of the template?
Removal of existing nucleotides: Will the nucleotide(s) be removed from the existing polynucleotide chain as part of the protocol? If so, will they be removed from the 5´ or the 3´ end?
Thermal stability: Does the polymerase need to survive incubation at high temperature or is heat inactivation desirable?
Fidelity: Will subsequent sequence analysis or expression depend on the fidelity of the synthesized products?
PCR Selection Tool
Taq Buffer Selection Chart
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This overview will walk you through how the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) works.