Taq DNA Polymerase is the industry standard for routine PCR. Taq with Standard Taq Buffer (NEB #M0273) is available in economical extra-large pack sizes. NEB provides high quality recombinant Taq at an exceptional value. Taq is available with different formats to accommodate a variety of PCR applications. For example, Taq with standard Taq Buffer is designed to support existing PCR platforms, while Hot Start Taq formulations (NEB #M0495) are also available for flexibility during reaction setup and increased specificity.
Taq DNA Polymerase is available in several convenient formats. The Taq PCR kit (NEB #E5000) includes all the reagents for 200 reactions. Taq 2X (NEB #M0270) or 5X (NEB #M0285) Master Mixes are ideal for high-throughput applications. Quick-Load® Taq 2X Master Mix (NEB #M0271) includes dye for direct gel loading.For exceptional performance across a wide range of templates, try OneTaq or OneTaq Hot Start.
ThermoPol™ is a trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
Quick-Load® is a register trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
- PCR Protocol for Crimson Taq DNA Polymerase (M0324)
- PCR Protocol for Crimson Taq DNA Polymerase with (Mg-free) Buffer (M0325)
- Protocol for OneTaq 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0483)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0488)
- OneTaq® Quick-Load® 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0487)
- Protocol for a Routine Taq PCR
- Taq DNA Polymerase Guidelines for PCR Optimization
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with Standard Taq (Mg-free) Buffer (M0320)
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with ThermoPol Buffer (M0267)
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase with ThermoPol II (Mg-free) Buffer (M0321)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start DNA Polymerase (M0481)
- Protocol for OneTaq® 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0482)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0485)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0484)
- Protocol for a Routine PCR with Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Kit
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with OneTaq® and OneTaq® Hot Start DNA Polymerases
- Protocol for OneTaq® Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0486)
- Multiplex PCR Guidelines for Multiplex PCR 5X Master Mix
- Protocol for Quick-Load® Taq 2X Master Mix
- Protocol for Taq 2X Master Mix (M0270)
- Protocol for Taq 5X Master Mix (M0285)
- Quick Protocol for Multiplex PCR 5X Master Mix
- EpiMark® Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase Guidelines for PCR (M0490)
- Protocol for a PCR reaction using Hot Start Taq 2X Master Mix (M0496)
- PCR Using Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase (M0495)
- PCR Protocol for OneTaq® DNA Polymerase (M0480)
- A-Tailing with Taq Polymerase
Anatomy of a Polymerase - How Function and Structure are Related
Read about the relationship between Polymerase structure and function when copying DNA.
Understanding Variability in DNA Amplification Reactions
- PCR Brochure
- DNA Polymerase Selection Chart
- PCR Troubleshooting Guide
- Taq PCR Kit Troubleshooting Guide
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with Taq DNA Polymerase
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with Thermophilic DNA Polymerases
- Vladimir Potapov, Jennifer L. Ong. 2017. Examining Sources of Error in PCR by Single-Molecule Sequencing. PLOS One. , PubMedID: 28683110, DOI:
Template/product specificity: Is RNA or DNA involved? Is the 3´ terminus at a gap, nick or at the end of the template?
Removal of existing nucleotides: Will the nucleotide(s) be removed from the existing polynucleotide chain as part of the protocol? If so, will they be removed from the 5´ or the 3´ end?
Thermal stability: Does the polymerase need to survive incubation at high temperature or is heat inactivation desirable?
Fidelity: Will subsequent sequence analysis or expression depend on the fidelity of the synthesized products?
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This overview will walk you through how the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) works.