pSNAP-tag® (T7)-2 Vector
pSNAP-tag® (T7)-2 Vector is an Escherichia coli expression plasmid encoding the SNAP-tag protein. Expression is under control of the IPTG inducible T7 promoter.
- This plasmid is intended as an expression vector for SNAP-tag gene fusions in appropriate E. coli strains
- The E. coli strain used for expression needs to provide T7 polymerase in order to achieve expression from the T7 promoter upstream of the gene
- The vector can be used for expression of the SNAP-tag protein alone (20 kDa)
- Gene of interest can be fused to the N-terminus or C-terminus of SNAP-tag
pSNAP-tag (T7)-2 Vector is an Escherichia coli expression plasmid encoding the SNAP-tag protein. Expression is under control of the IPTG inducible T7 promoter. The pSNAP-tag (T7)-2 Vector can also be used as a control plasmid expressing the SNAP-tag protein (20 kDa). The target gene should be cloned as a fusion to the N- or C-terminus of the SNAP-tag.
The SNAP-tag is a novel tool for protein research, allowing the specific, covalent attachment of virtually any molecule to a protein of interest. The SNAP-tag is a protein based on human O6-alkylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase (hAGT)(1,2,3). SNAP-tag substrates are derivatives of benzyl purines and benzyl chloropyrimidines. In the labeling reaction, the substituted benzyl group of the substrate is covalently attached to the SNAP-tag.
There are two steps to using this system: sub cloning and expression of the protein of interest as a SNAP-tag fusion, and labeling of the fusion with the SNAP-tag substrate of choice. Cloning and expression of SNAP-tag fusion proteins are described in this document. The labeling of the fusion proteins with SNAP-tag substrates is described in the instructions supplied with SNAP-tag substrates.
- Product Categories:
- Cloning Vectors & Control Plasmids,
- DNA Plasmid & Substrates Products,
- Protein Labeling Products
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.