pGLuc-Basic 2 Vector
- Catalog # N8082 was discontinued on August 02, 2018
The pGLuc-Basic 2 Vector is a promoter-less vector for expression of GLuc under the control of sequences cloned in the MCS.
- View sequence details
- GLuc is codon-optimized for mammalian expression
- GLuc can be assayed in the culture media or cell lysate
- Can be used to generate Neomycin-resistant stable cell lines
pGLuc-Basic 2 is a cloning vector for expression in mammalian cells, containing a reporter gene but lacking promoter elements. The reporter gene is the secreted luciferase from the copepod Gaussia princeps. Gaussia Luciferase (GLuc) is a 19 kDa protein encoded by a "humanized" sequence, and it contains a native signal peptide at the N-terminus that allows it to be secreted from mammalian cells into the cell culture medium (1,2). The pGLuc-Basic 2 Vector contains a multiple cloning site (MCS) upstream of the GLuc coding sequence. A neomycin resistance gene under the control of an SV40 promoter allows selection for stable integration of the plasmid into the mammalian cell genome using G418.
- Polylinker MCS: 12–68
- GLuc coding: 76–633
- Start codon: 76–78
- Stop codon: 631–633
- Signal peptide: 76–126
- Synthetic poly-A site: 642–690
- Neo promoter (SV40): 1276–1611
- Neomycin resistance gene: 1663–2457
- Bacterial replication ori (pMB1): 3791–3203
- Amp resistance: 4822–3962
- All pGLuc 2 vectors and plasmids have improved polyadenylation-transcription termination of the luciferase transcript. The polyadenylation signal is a synthetic polyadenylation sequence based on the β-globin gene (5)
Product SourceIsolated from an E. coli strain NEB10b by standard DNA purification procedure.
- Product Categories:
- Discontinued Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.