pCMV-GLuc 2 Control Plasmid
- This product was discontinued on August 02, 2018
The pCMV-GLuc 2 Control Plasmid is a mammalian expression plasmid that constitutively expresses the secreted Gaussia luciferase (GLuc) under the control of the CMV promoter.
- Strong constitutive expression of GLuc
- GLuc is codon-optimized for mammalian expression
- GLuc activity can be assayed in the culture media or cell lysate
- Can be used to generate Neomycin resistance stable cell lines
The pCMV-GLuc 2 Control Plasmid is a mammalian expression vector that encodes the secreted luciferase from the copepod Gaussia princeps as a reporter, under the control of the constitutive CMV (cytomegalovirus) promoter. Gaussia luciferase (GLuc) is a 19 kDa protein encoded by a "humanized" sequence, and it contains a native signal peptide at the N-terminus that allows it to be secreted from mammalian cells into the cell culture medium (1,2). A neomycin resistance gene under the control of an SV40 promoter allows selection for stable integration of the plasmid into the mammalian cell genome using G418.
- CMV promoter: 209–863
- GLuc coding: 920–1477
- Start codon: 920–922
- Stop codon: 1475–1477
- Signal peptide: 920–970
- Synthetic poly-A site: 1486–1534
- Neo promoter (SV40): 2120–2455
- Neomycin resistance gene: 2507–3301
- Bacterial replication ori (pMB1): 4635–4047
- Amp resistance: 5666–4806
- All pGLuc-2 vectors have improved polyadenylation-transcription termination of the luciferase transcript. The polyadenylation signal is a synthetic polyadenylation sequence based on the β-globin gene (5).
Product SourceIsolated from E. coli strain NEB10β by a standard DNA purification procedure.
- Product Categories:
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.