pKLAC1-malE Control Plasmid
- Catalog # N3741 was discontinued on January 01, 2013 ;
pKLAC1-malE is a control plasmid for the K. lactis Expression Kit (NEB #E1000). The backbone integrative expression vector, pKLAC1, directs high-level expression of recombinant protein from the yeast Kluyveromyces lactis. Vector pKLAC1-malE carries the E. coli malE gene, encoding the maltose binding protein (MBP). pKLAC1-malE can be used to test plasmid transformation, cell culture, and protein production procedures. A typical K. lactis GG799 strain containing integrated pKLAC1-malE will produce > 25 mg/L of MBP (Figure 1).
- Expression of the fusion gene is under the control of the strong K. lactis PLAC4-PBI promoter
- K. lactis strain GG799 can be used as an expression host
- Ampicillin resistance for propagation in E. coli (See notes for strain recommendations.)
- Fungal acetamidase selectable marker for integration into the K. lactis genome
- Product Categories:
- Discontinued Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.