- This product was discontinued on May 13, 2013
The NEBlot® Kit is designed to produce labeled DNA probes of high specific activity suitable for use as hybridization probes for screening gene libraries (1), probing of Southern and Northern blots (2,3) and in situ hybridization (4).
Using the method of Feinberg and Vogelstein (5,6), random sequence octadeoxyribonucleotides serve as primers for DNA synthesis in vitro from denatured, double-stranded template DNA by the Klenow Fragment of E. coli DNA Polymerase I.
The method permits the labeling of small quantities of DNA (< 25 ng). The resulting extremely efficient use of labeled deoxynucleotide triphosphate allows probes of high specific activity to be produced. It also enables the labeling of DNA in the presence of low-melting point (LMP) agarose, thus overcoming the major limitations of earlier nick translation methodology.
The system produces consistent results; typically, probes labeled to > 1 x 109 dpm/µg can be achieved within 30 minutes using quantities of DNA from 25 ng to 2 µg. All four dNTPs are provided allowing the researcher flexibility in choosing label. The performance of the system may be monitored by labeling the control DNA provided with the system.
NEBlot Kit is tested for its ability to label 25 ng of HindIII digested lambda DNA to a specific activity of > 1 x 109 dpm/µg.
- Produces high specific activity probes
- Direct labeling of DNA in the presence of low-melting point (LMP) agarose
- All four dNTPs are provided. This allows the researcher flexibility in choosing label (labeled nucleotide triphosphates are not supplied) System performance monitored by labeling of control DNA
- The NEBlot Kit is tested for its ability to label 25 ng of HindIII digested lambda DNA to a high specific activity (>1 x 109) and is guaranteed for one year from the date of assay
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Nuclease Free dH2O Klenow Fragment (3'→5' exo-) -20 5,000 units/ml dATP Solution -20 0.5 mM dCTP -20 0.5 mM dGTP -20 0.5 mM dTTP -20 0.5 mM Octadeoxyribonucleotides in 10X Labeling Buffer 400 μg/ml Control DNA, HindIII digested lambda DNA 25 μg/ml
- Polymerases for DNA Manipulation
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.