pCLuc-Basic 2 Vector
- Catalog # N0317 was discontinued on August 02, 2018 ;
The pCLuc-Basic 2 Vector is a cloning vector for expression of Cypridina Luciferase in mammalian cell. It contains the secreted CLuc reporter gene but lacks promoter elements. It can be used to express CLuc under the control of sequences cloned in the MCS.
- View sequence details
- CLuc can be assayed in the culture medium of mammalian cells expressing Cypridina luciferase
- CLuc does not use the same substrate as other marine luciferases, e.g., Renilla and Gaussia. Therefore, it is possible to assay both CLuc and GLuc independently in cell culture medium from cells expressing both reporters.
- Can be used to generate Neomycin-resistant stable cell lines
pCLuc-Basic 2 is a cloning vector for expression in mammalian cells, containing a reporter gene but lacking promoter elements. The reporter gene is the secreted luciferase from the Ostracod Cypridina noctiluca. Cypridina Luciferase (CLuc) is a 62 kDa protein with a native signal peptide at the N-terminus that allows it to be secreted from mammalian cells (1) so that CLuc activity can be detected in the culture medium. The pCLuc-Basic 2 Vector contains a multiple cloning site (MCS) upstream of the CLuc coding sequence. A neomycin resistance gene under the control of the SV40 promoter allows selection for stable integration of the plasmid into the mammalian cell genome using G418.
Recommended sequencing primers for pCLuc-Basic 2:
Upstream of MCS:
pBasic Forward Sequencing Primer (23-mer) (not available from NEB)
pBasic Reverse Primer (25-mer) (not available from NEB)
CLuc 3´ End Forward Primer (23-mer) (not available from NEB)
CLuc 5´ End Reverse Primer (24-mer) (not available from NEB)
- Polylinker MCS: 20–68
- Start codon of CLuc: 75–77 Stop codon: 1734–1736
- Signal peptide: 75–128
- Synthetic poly-A site: 1745–1793
- Neo promoter (SV 40): 2379–2714
- Neomycin resistance gene: 2766–3560
- Bacterial replication ori (pMB1): 4894–4306
- Amp resistance: 5925–5065
- Product Categories:
- Discontinued Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.