Alkaline Phosphatase, Calf Intestinal (CIP)
Alkaline Phosphatase, Calf Intestinal (CIP) nonspecifically catalyzes the dephosphorylation of 5´ and 3´ ends of DNA and RNA phosphomonoesters.
- Faster reaction setup (no supplemental additives like zinc required)
- Flexible reaction conditions (active in any restriction enzyme buffer, no clean-up required)
- Less enzyme required (high specific activity), resulting in a lower cost per reaction
- No need for multiple phosphatases (CIP removes 5´- and 3´- phosphates from DNA, RNA and dNTPs)
- Active on unincorporated dNTPs in PCR products - improves DNA sequencing and SNP analysis
The Mechanism of DNA Phosphorylation
Alkaline Phosphatase, Calf Intestinal (CIP) nonspecifically catalyzes the dephosphorylation of 5´ and 3´ ends of DNA and RNA phosphomonoesters. Also, CIP hydrolyses ribo-, as well as deoxyribonucleoside triphosphates (NTPs and dNTPs). CIP is useful in many molecular biology applications such as the removal of phosphorylated ends of DNA and RNA for subsequent use in cloning or end-labeling of probes. In cloning, dephosphorylation prevents religation of linearized plasmid DNA. The enzyme acts on 5´ protruding, 5´ recessed and blunt ends. CIP may also be used to degrade unincorporated dNTPs in PCR reactions to prepare templates for DNA sequencing or SNP analysis.
Product SourceCalf intestinal mucosa
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration CutSmart® Buffer -20 10 X
- Product Categories:
- Protein Phosphatases Products,
- Phosphatases & Sulfurylases Products,
- RNA Modification Products
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.