NEB offers chemically competent Kluyveromyces lactis GG779 cells (NEB# C1001) suitable for transformation with a linearized pKLAC-series expression vector. The strain is an industrial isolate that has no auxotrophies, rapidly grows to high cell density, and efficiently secretes heterologous proteins. These cells are also available as part of the K. lactis Protein Expression Kit (NEB# E1000).
FAQs for Yeast Expression Strains
- What K. lactis protease deletion strains does NEB sell?
- Why does NEB offer K. lactis protease deletion strains?
- What is the parent background for the protease deletion strains?
- What vectors may be used with protease deletion strains?
- Which protease deletion strain should i use?
- What formats are competent cells available in?
- What are the advantages of New England Biolabs' competent cells?
- Which kind of transformation tubes should be used?
- What volume of DNA can be added into competent cells?
- Can I store competent cells at -20°C instead of -80°C?
Protocols for Yeast Expression Strains
Application Notes for Yeast Expression Strains
Competent Cells Brochure
The Competent Cells brochure provides information on the different competent cell strains for cloning and protein expression available from NEB.
Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
The Protein Expression and Purification brochure provides information on the advanced tools for protein expression and purification offered by NEB.
- Competent Cell Selection Guide
- Strain Properties
- Genetic Markers