NEB offers chemically competent Kluyveromyces lactis GG779 cells (NEB# C1001) suitable for transformation with a linearized pKLAC-series expression vector. The strain is an industrial isolate that has no auxotrophies, rapidly grows to high cell density, and efficiently secretes heterologous proteins. These cells are also available as part of the K. lactis Protein Expression Kit (NEB# E1000).
FAQs for Yeast Expression Strains
- What is the parent background for the protease deletion strains?
- Why does NEB offer K. lactis protease deletion strains?
- What vectors may be used with protease deletion strains?
- Which protease deletion strain should i use?
- What K. lactis protease deletion strains does NEB sell?
- What formats are competent cells available in?
- What are the advantages of New England Biolabs' competent cells?
- Can I store competent cells at -20°C instead of -80°C?
- Which kind of transformation tubes should be used?
- What volume of DNA can be added into competent cells?
Protocols for Yeast Expression Strains
- Co-expression of Multiple Proteins in Kluyveromyces lactis
Competent Cells Brochure
The Competent Cells brochure provides information on the different competent cell strains for cloning and protein expression available from NEB.
Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
The Protein Expression and Purification brochure provides information on the advanced tools for protein expression and purification offered by NEB.
- Competent Cell Selection Guide
- Strain Properties
- Genetic Markers
Other Tools & Resources
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.