Learn about the core sequences and common modifications of N-linked and O-linked glycans in this video. Analysis of these glycans can be accomplished with the use of deglycosylation enzymes, which can provide complete sugar removal with no protein degradation.
Peptide-N-Glycosidase F, also known as PNGase F, is an amidase that cleaves
between the innermost GlcNAc and asparagine residues of high mannose, hybrid, and complex oligosaccharides from N-linked glycoproteins (1).
PNGase F is the most effective enzymatic method for removing almost all N-linked oligosaccharides from glycoproteins. PNGase F digestion deaminates the asparagine residue to aspartic acid, and leaves the oligosaccharide intact for further analysis.
The growing importance of protein glycosylation in both pharmaceutical and clinical science, as well as basic research, is placing new demands on the quality of reagents for glycan analysis. NEB offers a selection of PNGase F reagents, all highly pure, to support a variety of applications.
Driving your innovation
- Multiple formulations are available to support a variety of applications
- Not sure which PNGase F product to choose? Consult our selection chart.
The industry standard for purity
- Each PNGase F formulation undergoes stringent quality controls for highly-sensitive and reproducible results
- All enzymes exhibit ≥95% purity, as determined by SDS-PAGE and intact ESI-MS
Supporting your application
- Product performance has been demonstrated in a variety of applications
- Broad-range utility is shown in a number of publications from researchers at NEB
|Interested in learning more?
Download our Glycoproteomics Brochure
Download our Glycoproteomics Technical Guide
|Want a reference for your lab?
Download our glycobiology poster
1. Maley, F. et al. (1989). Anal. Biochem. 180, 195-204.
One or more of these products are covered by patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc. For more information, please email us at email@example.com. The use of these products may require you to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain application.
Available PNGase F products:
Rapid PNGase F
PNGase F, Recombinant
Remove-iT™ PNGase F