Sample Preparation for Next Generation Sequencing
As sequencing technologies improve and applications expand, the need for compatibility with ever-decreasing input amounts and sub-optimal sample quality grows. Scientists must balance reliability and performance with faster turnaround, higher throughput and automation compatibility.
For over 10 years, NEB has addressed these challenges by offering solutions that streamline sample prep workflows, minimize inputs and improve library yield and quality. The NEBNext portfolio includes solutions for DNA and RNA sample prep from a wide range of sample types.
Most recently, in the COVID-19 pandemic, NEBNext reagents are being employed in applications including targeted SARS-CoV-2 sequencing, host genomic sequencing and metagenomic sequencing.
Benefits of NEBNext®
- A broad selection of kits for sample preparation of DNA, ChIP DNA, and RNA, including single cell and small RNA
- Optimized formulations for reduced workflow times and ever-decreasing input amounts
- Extensive quality controls and functional validation for all kits
- Multiple workflow formats for maximum convenience and flexibility
- Best-in-class technical support from NEB scientists and staff
- A proven track record, with mention in over 11,000 publications to-date
In this ESHG 2020 workshop, hear about methylation analysis of cfDNA samples, sample identification and tracking using a high-throughput SNP genotyping method and the importance of sample prep in large-scale sequencing pipelines.
This webinar from NEB®, EMBL and Beckman Coulter® Life Sciences discusses the development and verification of the automated NEBNext Direct® Genotyping Solution on the Beckman Coulter i7 workstation to achieve highly-multiplexed sample processing and meet the growing demands of plant and animal genotyping applications.
A workflow animation for an enzyme-based method for detection of 5mC and 5hmC, an alternative to bisulfite sequencing.
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.
This video walks you through the size selection and cleanup steps using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA
Optimizing DNA inputs for NGS library prep is an important step, if you want to ensure a high-quality library. Start by following these tips for DNA quantification and assessing purity.
Select your application
- DNA Library Prep – Fast, streamlined workflows and novel reagents for a broad range of input amounts
- FFPE DNA – Repair DNA damage caused by FFPE treatment, and perform high-efficiency library prep
- ChIP-Seq Library Prep – High-efficiency, streamlined workflows for low input amounts of DNA
- RNA Library Prep – Novel reagents and streamlined workflows for directional and non-directional RNA, depletion of abundant RNAs (rRNA and mRNA), mRNA enrichment, and single cells
- Target Enrichment – High-quality library generation in a single day with the unique hybridization-based NEBNext Direct® technology
- Microbiome DNA Enrichment – Separation of microbiome DNA from contaminating host DNA from low input amounts
- Library Quantitation – Accurate and reproducible quantitation of Illumina libraries, with a user-friendly workflow
Scroll through to see what we’ve been up to over the past 10 years!
Illumina® is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc. Ion Torrent™ is a trademark of Life Technologies, Inc.
What's New with NEBNext®?
- New! UMI Adaptors for DNA-seq and RNA-seq
- New! Customize RNA depletion for any organism
- New! Multiplex 384 reactions with the addition of Sets 3 & 4 of our Unique Dual Index Primer Pairs.
- Explore COVID 19-related sequencing protocols and preprints
- The next generation of rRNA depletion for human, mouse and rat samples
- Depletion of bacterial rRNA
- NEBNext® Enzymatic Methyl-seq- a new alternative to bisulfite sequencing
Featured NEBNext® productsRequest a Sample
Featured Tools and Resources
|NEBNext® Custom RNA Depletion Design Tool
For help with selecting a product, try our interactive online tool