The RNA population in any given cell is remarkably complex and unique. RNAs come in a number of different species and sizes that range from a few to a few thousand nucleotides. Given the sheer number and diversity of RNA molecules, it is of obvious interest to study the expression patterns of RNA in target cells or tissues. A number of RNA detection and quantification techniques exist, each one best suited for a specific set of conditions and quality of data desired.
- Cooper, Geoffery M. The Cell: A Molecular Approach. 4th ed. Washington D.C.: ASM Press, 2007. 131-2.
- Rio, D. C., et al. RNA: A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2011, 77-87.
Protocols for RNA Expression Analysis
- In vitro digestion of DNA with Cas9 Nuclease, S. pyogenes (M0386)
- A Typical DNase I Reaction Protocol (M0303)
- Batch Method Protocol (S1560)
- Capped RNA Synthesis (E2050)
- cDNA synthesis in oligo (dT)25 magnetic beads (S1419)
- Evaluation of Reaction Products (E2050)
- Evaluation of Reaction Products (E2060)
- Evaluation of Reaction Products (E2065)
- Isolation of mRNA (S1560)
- Isolation of mRNA from Mammalian Cells: Using The Magnetic mRNA Isolation Kit
- Isolation of mRNA from Tissue: Using the Magnetic mRNA Isolation Kit.
- Ligation protocol using SplintR® Ligase (M0375)
- mRNA Purification (E2060)
- mRNA Purification (E2065)
- mRNA Synthesis with Modified Nucleotides (E2060)
- mRNA Synthesis with Modified Nucleotides (E2065)
- Poly(A) Tailing of RNA using E. coli Poly(A) Polymerase (NEB# M0276)
- Purification of Synthesized RNA (E2050)
- Quantitation of Isolated Poly(A)+ RNA: From the Magnetic mRNA Isolation Kit
- RNA Synthesis with Modified Nucleotides (E2050)
- sgRNA Synthesis Using the HiScribe™ Quick T7 High Yield RNA Synthesis Kit (NEB #E2050)
- Standard mRNA Synthesis (E2060)
- Standard mRNA Synthesis (E2065)
- Standard RNA Synthesis (E2050)
- Using recombinant Cas9 nuclease to assess locus modification in genome editing experiments (NEB #M0386)
Reagents for RNA Sample Preparation
RNA Polymerase Selection Chart
RNA Ligase Selection Chart
cDNA Synthesis Selection Chart
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.