Advantages of automation include:
- Increased throughput
- Improved reproducibility
- Increased speed
- Reduced hands-on time
- Reduced Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) incidence
- Fewer components simplify automation setup
- Streamlined workflows minimize tip consumption and chances for pipetting errors
- Less clean-up bead consumption results in a lower cost-per-reaction
- Low input amount capability (ng for DNA/RNA, pg for ChIP) improves sequencing results with less sample
- Robust reagents improve overall library yields
- Sufficient kit component fill volumes for automation protocols improves usability
ION TORRENT™ is a trademark of Life Technologies, Inc.
BECKMAN COULTER® and BIOMEK® are registered trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc.
HAMILTON® is a registered trademark and STARLETTM is a trademark of the Hamilton company.
PERKINELMER® is a registered trademark of PerkinElmer, Inc.
ILLUMINA® is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc.
AGILENT® AND TAPESTATION® are registered trademarks of Agilent, Inc.
- Automated size selection of NEBNext® Small RNA libraries with the Sage Pippin Prep™
- Automated Directional RNA-seq Library Preparation using the Biomek FXP Liquid Handler
- Automated DNA Library Construction Using the NEBNext Ultra DNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina® on the Beckman Coulter® Biomek FXP Automated Liquid Handler
- Flexible Preparation of High Quality NGS DNA Libraries with the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit on the Tecan Freedom Evo NGS Workstation
- Automated library preparation using NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina on the epMotion 5075t
- Fully Automated NEBNext Direct Genotyping Solution using Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Biomek i7 Workstation
- Biomek i-Series Automated New England Biolabs NEBNext® Ultra™ II DNA Library Prep Kit
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how Biomek automation of NEBNext RNA library preparation enables high-throughput, reproducible production of libraries with high yield and complexity. In this webinar Zach Smith from Beckman Coulter describes strand-specific RNA library preparation using the NEBNext Ultra Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina and discusses Biomek automation of this method.
Learn how Biomek automation of NEBNext DNA library preparation for Ion Torrent enables high-throughput, reproducible production of libraries with high yield and complexity. In this webinar Joanna Hamilton from Dartmouth Genomics & Molecular Biology Shared Resource, Lynne Apone from New England Biolabs and Zach Smith from Beckman Coulter describe the NEBNext Fast Fragmentation & DNA Library Prep kit for Ion Torrent, automation of this method and implementation in multiple workflows in a sequencing core lab.