NEBNext® dsDNA Fragmentase® is an enzyme-based solution used for the fragmentation of DNA. dsDNA Fragmentase generates 100-800 bp fragments in a time dependent manner. The solution contains two enzymes; one randomly generates nicks on dsDNA and the other recognizes the nicked site and cuts the opposite DNA strand across from the nick, producing dsDNA breaks. The resulting DNA fragments contain short overhangs, 5´-phosphates, and 3´-hydroxyl groups. This nicking activity has been shown to be random. Comparison of sequencing data from libraries prepared with DNA sheared mechanically or by dsDNA Fragmentase demonstrates that the dsDNA Fragmentase does not introduce any detectable bias. In addition, no difference in sequence coverage is observed between these methods. dsDNA Fragmentase can be used with genomic DNA, PCR products and whole genome amplified DNA, of any degree of GC content.
FAQs for NEBNext® dsDNA Fragmentase®
- What sequencing platforms can DNA fragments produced using dsDNA Fragmentase be used for?
- When do I need to use the E. coli ligase for Fragmentase?
- Can dsDNA Fragmentase be used with GC-rich or AT-rich DNA?
- Can dsDNA Fragmentase be used with Whole Genome Amplified DNA (WGA DNA)?
- Can dsDNA Fragmentase be used with PCR and RT-PCR products?
- Can I add E. coli DNA Ligase for Fragmentase to the Fragmentase reaction?
- Can I add E. coli DNA Ligase for Fragmentase to my end repair reaction?
- Is NEBNext dsDNA Fragmentase cleavage random?
Protocols for NEBNext® dsDNA Fragmentase®
Advantages of NEBNext dsDNA Fragmentase
- High throughput compatibility
- Control of fragment size
- Generates 100-300 base pair fragments more effectively than nebulization
- Shears evenly across substrate DNA, including close to ends of molecules
- Enzyme-based fragmentation results in cleaner ends compared to mechanical shearing
- Value pricing
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.