Because of their high specificity and targeted effects, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), Fc fusions and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) are the new generation of cancer and autoimmune disease therapies. Modern principles of Quality by Design (QbD) mandate controlled production and dedicated quality controls to ensure their effectiveness and safety.
- The majority of biotherapeutics are glycosylated proteins produced recombinantly in mammalian cells.
- N-glycans are essential for effector functions in mAbs, but they can also carry xenoantigens (i.e. α-Gal epitope).
- The impact of glycosylation on protein function, structure and safety makes it a critical quality attribute (CQA), measured throughout development and production.
- Additionally, batch-to-batch glycosylation consistency is used as a surrogate measure of process control.
- Analysis of sequence variants is facilitated by glycan removal.
- Antibody fragmentation with specific proteases allows the analysis of intact, glycosylated, Fc and Fab fragments.
- Proteomics: Fast and Efficient Antibody Deglycosylation using Rapid PNGase F
- Characterization of glycans from Erbitux®, Rituxan® and Enbrel® using PNGase F (Glycerol Free), Recombinant
- Glycan analysis of murine IgG by enzymatic digestion with Endo S and PNGase F, followed by mass spectrometric analysis
- Unbiased and fast IgG deglycosylation for accurateN-glycan analysis using Rapid PNGase F
This one-step deglycosylation protocol is for use with New England Biolabs’ Rapid PNGase F. Learn more about Rapid PNGase F.
This two-step deglycosylation protocol is for use with New England Biolabs’ Rapid PNGase F. Learn more about Rapid PNGase F.